COVID-19 Safety Measures
Our office policies and procedures have changed in response to COVID-19. It is our wish to provide you with as much information as possible before you return to the office. We are so excited to see you soon! Safety for our patients is no more important than the safety of our staff. Here are the ways we hope to keep them safe during the pandemic.
We will complete daily employee screenings upon arrival. This will be done to identify indicators of potential exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
a) Daily Employee Screening Procedures:
- Employee Screening Questionnaire completed each time the employee reports for duty
- Temperature taken and recorded daily
- Blood Oxygen saturation level screened with a pulse oximeter
Any employee found to have a fever, abnormal blood oxygen level, or who reports symptoms of COVID-19 or any other risk factors, during screening, will be sent home immediately and asked to go to their physician to be tested for COVID-19. They will not report for duty until it is safe for staff and patients for them to do so.
Dr. Mohan was able to acquire sufficient amounts of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), so we have no shortage of the highest-level PPE as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Staff have been trained in the proper procedures for safely putting on and taking off PPE.
b) Personal Protective Equipment used in the office:
- Surgical jackets or gowns
- Face Shields
- Eye Protection
- N-95 masks
- P95 and P100 respirators
- All clinical staff fit tested for their masks by an Occupational health agency to make sure their masks are the right fit for them.
Additionally, we have many new safeguards in place to protect staff once we return to serve our patients. Here are some examples.
c) All staff are required to:
- Wear masks when entering the building and for the duration of their shift.
- Wash their hands upon arrival and entry to the building and again before leaving.
- Change their clothing and shoes upon entry to the facility (for start of shift in morning and afternoon). Clothing worn to the office will be stored in appropriate plastic and changed back into when the employee leaves the premises. Dirty clothing and scrubs worn during shift are to be washed immediately.
- Follow CDC guidelines for appropriate and safe donning and doffing of PPE
d) Additional Safeguards in place
- Patients will receive a text message with a Covid 19 questionnaire before their appointment. This needs to be filled out and sent back to our office before the patient can be seen.
- Patients will be encouraged to make credit card payments over the phone for services rendered, instead of hand to hand transactions taking place at the front desk.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at the front desk.
- Medical Grade HEPA air filters have been installed in every operatory, front desk and at the reception area.
- Installation of “Dryshield” HVE system in addition to our existing suction units to remove saliva and aerosols more efficiently from the mouth.
- New Vaniman dental aerosol reducing suction units positioned outside the mouth to suction any aerosols that might escape the suction in the mouth.
- When the hygiene department returns to the office, after June1, 2020, we are limiting cleaning services to hand scaling procedures. They will not utilize ultrasonic scalers (which are known to produce more dental aerosols) at this time.
- Our waiting area is closed to patients to protect administrative staff further and allow them to maintain social distancing recommendations. Patients will wait in their cars until appointment time.
We are doing everything we can to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff when we return to the office. The staff may look a little different when you see them at your appointment, we just want you to know what to expect. Please let us know if you have any questions or additional concerns.